I managed to switch on my television the other day. I rarely do unless there is a natural disaster or terrorist attack ravaging some city on this earth or sometimes a football match. I usually get all my content online. Don’ judge me.
Anyways, I was flipping through and I stopped by TCM and the “The Time Travelers Wife” was showing….classic movie. Eric Bana played the Character of Henry De Tamble who had a genetic disorder that made him travel unexpectedly to different times in the past and future. Each trip taking a toll on him.
I thought to myself that that’s a neat trick I’ll like to have. I would harness those powers and put it in a machine , a time machine of some sorts without the side effects and hazards.
So guys just humor me and lets play make believe, I have created this time machine so I have the absolute liberty to go back in time and correct a few things.
I made a list…..
- I would have eaten beans more as a child . I’m just 6 ft and I would have just loved another two inches to be honest. Call me greedy.
- I broke someone’s heart when I was fresh out of University. Like I took the poor angels heart and shattered it to multiple pieces. I can still hear the weeping on the other end of the phone. In my defense I was walking around with several personal demons. I shouldn’t have been in a relationship. I’m Sorry.
- I had an argument with my Mum a few weeks before she died, I would love to change that. I never got the chance to tell her how sorry I was. Bloody youthful exuberance.
- My late teen years went by in a flash though. I would like to experience that again. Slowly this time.
- I had the chance to visit Cyprus some years ago which I had to pass up on. I sure would love to change that.
The funny thing about life is that everything is always clearer in hindsight. It always is.
So I have a solution going forward, live every moment in such a way that the future you will be absolutely proud.
That my friends is my current mantra.